Considered by many to be the most beautiful woman of her generation, Sharon Tate remains a fascinating pop icon and a poster child for the 1960s. What struck most about Sharon was her gentle nature and the sheer perfection of her face, but she was far more than just a beauty. The few films she made during her brief career, including Valley of the Dolls, Eye of the Devil, and The Fearless Vampire Killers, have secured her position as a Hollywood legend. Over forty years since her last film, Sharon's spirit and charisma live strong in the memories of those who knew her best, and her style continues to inspire the worlds of fashion, beauty, art, and film.
Sharon Tate: Recollection is a one-of-a-kind celebration of Sharon's life and career, her influence as a fashion icon throughout the world, and in effect presents a sociological portrait of the 1960s—its youth culture, the sexual revolution, the rise of independent cinema, and Hollywood's changing studio system. In this impressive photo book, Sharon Tate's story emerges through quotes and short essays—recollections—by her sister, Debra Tate, as well as by those who knew and have been influenced by her.
What emerges from these pages is a stunning tribute to an unforgettable life.
- Previously unseen photos from the Tate family album
- Original quotes and recollection essays written specially for this book by Jane Fonda, Joan Collins, Bert Stern, Kelly Osbourne, Michelle Phillips, Patty Duke, Lee Grant, Elke Sommer, Viva, Tony Scotti, Trina Turk, Dave Draper, Neal Barr, and Jean-Jacques Bugat
- Retrospective quotes by Roman Polanski, Mia Farrow, Warren Beatty, Richard Avedon, Truman Capote, Dominick Dunne, Orson Welles, Barbara Parkins, George Harrison, David Niven, Deborah Kerr, Yul Brynner, Kirk Douglas, and many others
- Rare and classic photographs by David Bailey, Milton Greene, Philippe Halsman, Shahrokh Hatami, Terry O'Neill, Peter Basch, John Engstead, Peter Brüchmann, Neal Barr, Pierluigi Praturlon, Curt Gunther, and Jean-Jacques Bugat
- Never-before-seen or published images of Sharon in the classic film Valley of the Dolls, digitally reproduced from original negatives and transparencies specially for this book from the 20th Century Fox archives